1/4 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Olive oil
2 Strips of bacon, diced
1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
5 Cherry tomatoes, halved
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Whisk 6 eggs in a bowl
Pour in 1/4 cup milk
Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
Add in 1 tsp olive oil
Whisk all the ingredients together
Set Ninja Foodi to SEAR/SAUTE
Add in the diced bacon and saute for 1 minute
Add in sliced mushrooms and saute for 1 minute
Remove bacon and mushrooms and set aside
Insert the Ninja Foodi Multi-Purpose Pan in low position on the reversible rack and place into the Ninja Foodi
Combine the bacon, mushrooms & eggs into the pan
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese into the egg mixture
Top with cherry tomatoes
Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until the eggs are puffed
Bacon Mushroom Tomato Frittata
Nothing says brunch like a fluffy delicious frittata! It's basically a giant fancy omelet but it's much easier to make and requires no flipping.
What's so great about this dish is the versatility of ingredients. The combination of bacon and mushroom with the egg and cheese is simply divine, however, if you don't eat bacon you can easily use ham instead. This can also be a great vegetarian dish to serve- simply omit the bacon and load up on more hearty veggies like spinach, peppers, and onions. There are also some great variations on the type of cheese to use. Cheddar adds a nice sharp and savory flavor, however, you can always mix it up using smoked gouda, feta, or throw in some goat cheese for a rich and decadent texture.
This dish is a great make-ahead meal and can be enjoyed both warm or cold. If making this ahead of time, simply bake it, store in the fridge and then reheat it in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, or oven for a few minutes before serving. This recipe makes a large portion and will keep in the fridge also making it great to enjoy for leftovers the next day.
- No bacon? Use ham or sausage instead
- Want to make a healthier or vegetarian option? Omit the bacon and add in some spinach, peppers, onions or any other vegetables you like!
- Tired of boring old cheddar? Spruce up this meal with some gouda, feta or throw in some goat cheese for a rich and decadent texture
- Any round 8" x 3" pan can be used for this recipe. To bake the bacon mushroom and tomato frittata, we used the Ninja Foodi Multi-Purpose Pan as this pan is non-stick, has been specifically designed to fit within the Ninja Foodi and can be used for a variety of dishes including cakes and casseroles
- This recipe was made using the Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp
- You can also make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo Crisp, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, sous vide, air fry, roast, bake, broil and dehydrate.
- Don't have a Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot? You can also make this recipe using an oven-safe skillet or cast iron pan . Saute all the ingredients, mix together with the eggs and bake the pan in the oven. Cooking times may differ slightly depending on your oven so be sure to watch for when the eggs are puffy and the cheese is golden brown.