1 lb/500G Ground beef
1 lb/500g Macaroni Elbows
4 cups Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 cup Flour
1 cup Heavy cream
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Set the Ninja Foodi to Saute Med-HI
Add ground beef, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the inner pot
Mix and saute the ingredients together until the ground beef is fully cooked
Sprinkle in the flour and mix
Add in water and heavy cream
Add the dry macaroni elbows
Apply the pressure lid and flip the release valve to "SEAL"
Pressure cook for 3 minutes
Release pressure manually by flipping the release valve to "VENT"
Add in the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted
Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese on top of the macaroni and BROIL for 3-5 minutes or until browned
One-Pot Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
This cheeseburger mac & cheese recipe marries the perfect blend of creamy mac & cheese with the rich and savory flavor of a cheeseburger patty all in one-pot! Made with ground beef, cheddar cheese, cream and macaroni pasta these wholesome ingredients are simple to throw together to create a delicious, hearty and satisfying meal the whole family will love. This recipe a fantastic go-to meal for those busy weekdays and also reheats well making this a great meal prep option to be enjoyed for lunch or dinner during the week.
How do you make Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese?
What so fantastic about this recipe is it's so quick and easy to make. You can literally throw the ingredients into a one-pot pressure cooker like the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Duo Crisp and it'll be on the table from start to finish in just 15 minutes. Simply brown the ground beef, toss in the seasonings, flour, water, cream, and uncooked pasta. Slap on the pressure cooker lid and it's done in 3 minutes. After the quick release, stir the cheddar cheese right into the pasta and let it melt. Finish it off with a final sprinkle of cheese on top and broil it until top-browned. It doesn't get any better or easier than this, and it's guaranteed to be a huge hit with your family.
What other variations can I use?
The best thing about homemade cheeseburger mac & cheese is the versatility and customization you can add to the recipe to suit your flavor preferences. Add more garlic or onion powder for an added flavor boost or for a different flavor profile try using ground pork, chicken or turkey.
For some healthier options, you can add in some peas, carrots, mushrooms or any vegetable you have on hand for a completely balanced meal all in one-pot. If you prefer not to use heavy cream in the cheese sauce you can opt for lighter options like 10% cream or whole milk. You can also use whole wheat macaroni or any other pasta you have.
Try mixing up the cheeses for a really decadent flavor profile. Consider adding in some smoked gouda or gruyere along with the cheddar to really ramp up the flavor.
Finally, why not add some crumbled bacon on top for the ultimate bacon cheeseburger mac & cheese dish!
What if I don't have a Ninja Foodi?
We made this recipe in the Ninja Foodi as this One-Pot device has both a pressure cooker and air fryer functions. If you don't have a Ninja Foodi, you can also use an Instant Pot Duo Crisp or any Instant Pot compatible with an Air Fryer Lid to achieve the same results.
If you don't have a pressure cooker you can make this recipe using a Dutch Oven on your stovetop. Follow all the same directions for steps 1-6, bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Place a cover on the pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the pasta is soft. Sprinkle in the cheese and stir until melted and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- For a healthier option you can use 10% cream or whole milk, lean ground beef or whole wheat macaroni elbows
- Add in extra vegetables such as peas, carrots, or mushrooms when sauteing the ground beef
- For a more decadent flavor mix in a few different types of cheese along with the cheddar
- This recipe was made using the Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp.
- You can also make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo Crisp, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, sous vide, air fry, roast, bake, broil and dehydrate.
- If you don't have the air fry option, you can make this recipe with any Instant Pot, compatible with an Air Fryer Lid
- If you don't have the broil option, you can make this recipe with any Instant Pot, compatible with an Air Fryer Lid or broil it in the oven for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese on top
- If you don't have a pressure cooker you can make this recipe using a Dutch Oven on your stovetop. Follow all the same directions for steps 1-6, bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Place a cover on the pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the pasta is soft. Sprinkle in the cheese and stir until melted and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until browned