2 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
8 oz brie cheese
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1-2 sprigs of rosemary, cut into 1" pieces
2 tbsp butter melted
1 tbsp honey
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Preheat oven to 375ºF
Grease mini muffin tin
Cut brie wheel into 1"x1" cubes
Transfer whole pecans to a bag and crush with a rolling pin
Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface
Brush pastry with melted butter
Cut pastry into 3"x3" squares (each sheet makes ~16 squares in 4x4 grid)
Press squares into mini muffin tin forming a cup
Place 1 brie cube inside pastry cup
Top with cranberry sauce
Sprinkle with chopped pecans and dried cranberries
Top with a small 1" sprig of rosemary
Bake at 375ºF for 15 mins or until golden
Drizzle with honey and serve warm
Cranberry Brie Cups
These cranberry brie cups are the perfect holiday appetizers. Not only are they beautiful and super easy to make, they also taste incredible and are the perfect bite-sized appetizer for your festive holiday parties.
Made with puff pastry, brie, cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, pecans and a sprig of rosemary this simple 5-ingredient appetizer come together in no time and are ready in under 30 minutes. The flaky and buttery puff pastry holds everything together while the creamy melted brie and tart cranberry filling brings the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Top it off with some dried cranberries, crushed pecans and a sprig of rosemary for a nice crunchy texture. They are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
If you don’t have puff pastry on hand you can also use crescent roll dough or phyllo cups. You can use fresh or canned cranberry sauce and this recipe is a great way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce. You can omit the pecans and rosemary if you prefer however they add a wonderful crunchy texture that helps to counter the soft melted brie and cranberry center.
This recipe yields a large portion of these bite-sized appetizers and is ideal for holiday parties and get-togethers. Best served warm out of the oven, your family and friends are sure to devour these tasty bite-sized morsels in no time.
- TIPS FOR BAKING WITH FROZEN PUFF PASTRY
- Thaw out the pastry in the refrigerator or for about 30 minutes at room temperature just prior to use. You want the pastry to be pliable yet cold.
- Keep the pastry in the fridge right up until you need it. Puff pastry is difficult to work with when it gets too warm.
- Gently unfold the pastry sheet.-if your pastry sheet tears or gets a hole, just fix it with your fingers.
- Lightly flour your working surface and rolling pin before rolling out the pastry to prevent it from sticking .
- Be gentle when working with puff pastry- If the pastry gets too thin it won’t puff much in the oven.