300g egg noodles
2 bell peppers, julienned
2 spring onions, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 chicken breast, julienned
1 egg white
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp soy sauce
Lo Mein Sauce:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
salt and pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Julienne the carrots, spring onions, bell peppers, and chicken.
Add soy sauce, egg white, and corn starch to the chicken and mix
Set aside and marinate the chicken for 5 minutes
Make the Lo Mein sauce in a separate bowl by mixing the light and dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil
Blanch the egg noodles for 1 minute and strain
Heat the wok on HIGH and add the oil and chicken. Toss for 1 minute
Add more oil to the wok and then add the carrots and peppers. Stir-fry for 1 minute and don't forget to season the vegetables with salt and pepper
Add the minced garlic and mix
Mix in the egg noodles, Lo mein sauce and chicken with the vegetables. Add more oil to the wok to prevent the noodles from sticking. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
Sprinkle in the green onions and mix. Stir-fry the Lo Mein for another minute ensure everything is well mixed
- It's best practice to prepare the vegetables before the chicken so the board is clean when cutting the vegetables
- The dark soy sauce is used to give the Lo Mein a darker color
- Add in the spring onions at the end so they don't become too limp
- This recipe was make using a Lodge Cast Iron Wok, a seasoned induction-compatible flat bottom wok. This cast iron wok retains and evenly distributes heat making it ideal for steaming, stir-fry or sautés.
- If you don't have a cast iron wok, you can make the recipe using a stainless steel Cuisinart Stir Fry Pan, a dishwasher safe induction-compatible pan that evenly distributes heat making it ideal for stir-fry and sautés.
- You can also make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, warm and also make yogurt and rice,
or a Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp.
- Our website contains affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, it will NOT cost you more, but we will receive a small commission, which helps us keep making delicious recipes for you. Thank you for your support!