400g Egg Noodle Pasta
500g Ground Beef
1 Onion (chopped)
2 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
1 cup Chopped Kale
1 cup Sour Cream
4 cups Beef Broth
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Mushroom Powder
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Set the Instant Pot to Saute-HIGH and add 1 tbsp of oil to the inner pot
Add the ground beef and break apart so it cooks evenly
Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and mushroom powder
Mix everything into the ground beef and saute until the beef is browned
Push the ground beef to one side of the pot and add 1 tbsp of oil to the other side
Add the sliced mushrooms and chopped onions and season with a pinch of salt
Caramelize the mushrooms and onions and mix them into the ground beef
Saute the ground beef and vegetables together for 1 minute
Stir in 2 tbsp of flour and add the dry egg noodles on top
Pour in the beef broth and apply the pressure cook lid
Pressure Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes
Allow the pressure to naturally release for 3 minutes and then manually release any remaining pressure
Remove the pressure lid and stir the noddles
Set the Instant Pot to Saute-HIGH
Stir in the chopped kale
Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix until well incorporated
Allow the stroganoff sauce to simmer for a few minutes or until it reaches desired consistency
Easy One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
There is nothing more comforting than a rich and creamy Beef Stroganoff dish. This One-pot meal combines the delicious savory flavors of ground beef, mushrooms, and onions with tangy sour cream and tender egg noodles to create a hearty and satisfying pasta dish. Made entirely in the Instant Pot, this Easy One-Pot Beef Stroganoff is ready in under 30 minutes and is a fuss-free recipe with only one pot to clean!
What is Stroganoff sauce made of?
Stroganoff sauce is a savory beef and sour cream gravy made with mushrooms and onions and flavored with beef broth. The sauce is thickened with flour and finished off with sour cream. The result is a rich and creamy stroganoff sauce that is traditionally served over egg noodles or pasta.
What can I use instead of sour cream?
Plain Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour cream when making stroganoff sauce. A lighter and healthier alternative to sour cream, greek yogurt adds a nutritious protein to the dish while still providing the rich creaminess of sour cream but with less fat.
Tips for making a good Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Most of the flavor in Beef Stroganoff is developed from browning the beef and caramelizing the mushrooms and onions so make sure to saute these ingredients well.
- When sauteing the ground beef break up the meat so it cooks evenly. Using a meat masher helps break up the ground beef and prevents the meat from clumping together while browning.
- Use enough beef broth to fully cook the noodles. Our recipe uses a ratio of 1 cup of broth for every 100g of pasta.
- Use a good quality sour cream or greek yogurt to achieve the perfectly creamy texture of the stroganoff sauce.
What if I don't have an Instant Pot?
Our One-Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe was made using the Instant Pot to saute the beef and vegetables and then pressure cook the beef broth and egg noodles all in the same pot. This dish can also be made using the Ninja Foodi or any other One-Pot pressure cooker following the same directions.
If you don't have a pressure cooker you can also make this One-Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe on your stovetop using a Dutch Oven. Follow the same directions for browning the beef and sauteing the vegetables in the Dutch Oven. Add the flour, dry pasta and beef stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Place the cover on the pot and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is soft and tender. Once the pasta is fully cooked, stir in the kale and sour cream and simmer the stroganoff sauce until it reaches desired consistency.
- When sauteing the ground beef it helps to use a meat masher to break up the beef. We like the meat/potato masher by Faberware because it works well for mashing meat or potatoes. Unlike some metallic mashers, this nylon meat masher is also heat resistant, and safe to use with non-stick pots.
- This recipe was made using an Instant Pot Duo, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, warm and also make yogurt and rice.
- You can also make this recipe using the Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp.
- If you don't have a pressure cooker you can also make this One-Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe on your stovetop using a Dutch Oven. Brown the beef and saute the vegetables then add the flour, pasta and beef stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Stir in the kale and sour cream and simmer until the stroganoff sauce reaches desired consistency.