1 tbsp Olive oil
2 Garlic clove, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
6 Sausages, out of the casing
1 tbsp Paprika
2 cups Chicken stock
2 cups White Rice
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Set Ninja Foodi to "SEAR/SAUTE"
Add oil and garlic to the inner pot and saute
Add in the onions and red peppers
Remove casing from the sausages and add the meat to the inner pot
Season with 1 tbsp of paprika and saute everything together for 2-3 minutes
Mix in 2 cups of rice and saute for 30 seconds
Pour in 2 cups of chicken stock
Apply the pressure lid and set the release valve to "SEAL"
Pressure cook for 5 minutes on HI
Flip the release valve to "VENT" to manually release the pressure
Set Ninja Foodi to "SEAR/SAUTE"
Saute the rice for 2-3 minutes to dry up some of the excess moisture
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the rice
Close Tendercrisp lid and Broil for 5 minutes
Garnish with your favorite vegetables on top, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, avocados, green onions
One-Pot Sausage Cheesy Rice
This delicious sausage cheesy rice dish is not only quick and easy to make, but it also makes a large portion great to reheat for leftovers throughout the week. This naturally gluten-free recipe is a complete meal containing protein, vegetables, dairy, and carbs all in one. The combination of sausage, paprika, peppers, onions, rice, and cheese make this dish a healthy balanced meal that will satisfy the heartiest appetites.
This recipe is quite versatile and is the perfect way to use up leftover rice and any vegetables you have kicking around. If you don’t have sausage you can use other ground meats like beef, chicken or turkey. Make this dish healthier or go vegetarian by adding peas, carrots, mushrooms, corn or whatever else you have on hand. Simply omit the sausage and use water or vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock.
Using a One-Pot cooker like the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Duo Crisp to pressure cook the rice followed by a quick broil to finish this dish makes it an easy-to-prepare meal that will be on the table in under 30 minutes. Best of all, using a One-Pot pressure cooker means faster meal prep and easier clean-up! This is also an excellent make-ahead dish that can be portioned out for meal-prep to be reheated and enjoyed later in the week.
Try this sausage cheesy rice recipe and its sure to become one of your family’s new favorite go-to meals.
- If you want more vegetables, you can add them but make sure to cut them big or else they will disintegrate while pressure cooking
- Other vegetable options: peas, carrots, mushrooms, onions, frozen corn or whatever you have on hand
- You can also make this a vegetarian dish by omitting the sausage and using water or vegetable stock instead of the chicken stock
- If you don't want to use sausage you can use ground beef, chicken or turkey instead
- Reducing the rice and chicken stock to 1 cup each will serve 4 portions
- This recipe was made using the Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp
- You can also make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo Crisp, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, sous vide, air fry, roast, bake, broil and dehydrate