1 Pineapple, halved and cored
2 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Peas
1/4 cup Carrots, 1/4" diced
1/4 cup Onions, 1/4" diced
2 Chicken thigh meat, 1/2" diced
2 Garlic clove, minced
3 cups White rice, cold and refrigerated overnight
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 tsp Chili sauce
1 Green onion, sliced
2 tbsp Toasted Cashews
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Estimated values based on one serving size.|
Slice off the top of the pineapple and set aside (You can use it as a prop when serving)
Slice off 1/3 of the pineapple vertically (try to stay above the core to make a deeper pineapple bowl)
Cut grid-like incisions into the pineapple and use a spoon to scoop out all the pieces
Dice the pineapple into 1/4" pieces and set aside
Use a spoon and scrape any excess pineapple out to make the bowl nice and smooth
Place the pineapple bowl in the Ninja Foodi Cook and Crisp basket and bake at 360ºF for 12 minutes
When the baking is finished remove the pineapple bowl and set aside
Mix the 2 egg yolks into the white rice and set aside
Set Ninja Foodi to Sear/Saute (HI)
Add oil, carrots, onions, garlic, soy sauce, and chicken to the Ninja Foodi inner pot
Saute the ingredients together for 2-3 minutes
Add the rice and cook with other ingredients for 2 minutes
Add the peas, pineapple, chili sauce, and fish sauce
Saute everything together for another 2-5 minutes
Serve the rice in the pineapple bowl and garnish with green onions and toasted cashews
Thai Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
This delicious Thai pineapple chicken fried rice recipe is simple to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes. Not only quick and healthy, but it's also versatile and can be served as a side dish or eaten as a main course meal. What makes this dish so special is the combination of flavors you get in each bite. The sweet and savory combination of pineapple and chicken, or the spicy flavor of the rice with vegetables and chili sauce. All these ingredients have unique flavor profiles and when you add in the contrasting texture of the cashews, it's simply perfection.
What's best of all is you can make this dish you own by substituting different ingredients that work best for you. This recipe calls for chicken but you can easily turn this into a decadent seafood dish using shrimp or scallops. Or if you prefer, make it vegetarian by leaving out the meat and adding in extra veggies.
For healthier options, you can also use brown rice or quinoa in place of white rice. Whichever you prefer, just make sure that it has been made in advance and cooled. Freshly made rice or quinoa tends to be sticky and can make the final dish mushy. When it has had a chance to cool down and dry out it helps prevent it from clumping when mixed with the other ingredients.
Make sure you save the pineapple to use as a pineapple bowl when serving the finished dish. Serving the rice in its own hand-crafted pineapple bowl looks exotic and beautiful, making this a terrific dish to serve at dinner parties.
Make this beautiful and delicious dish at your next dinner party and be sure to impress all your family and friends.
- It is best to use rice that has been refrigerated overnight since fresh rice will be too sticky-this will prevent your fried rice from clumping and becoming mushy
- Add the peas and pineapple towards the end to keep them crisp and prevent them from becoming too mushy
- For a healthier option you can use brown rice or try it with quinoa- just make sure that it is cold and has been refrigerated overnight
- This dish can easily be adapted to suit vegetarians; simply omit the chicken from the dish or you can replace it with more vegetables of your choosing
- You can also turn this into a seafood dish; use shrimp or scallop in place of the chicken
- Like it spicy? Increase the amount of chili sauce to your desired level of heat
- You can also use crushed peanuts as garnish
- This recipe was made using the Ninja Foodi, a programmable multi-use pressure cooker that can also steam, saute, slow cook, dehydrate, bake, broil, roast and air crisp
- You can also make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo Crisp, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, sous vide, air fry, roast, bake, broil and dehydrate.
- If you don't have the Bake function, you can make this recipe with an Instant Pot Duo, a multi-use programmable cooker that can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, steam, warm and also make yogurt and rice.
Simply use the oven to bake the pineapple bowl and continue using the Instant Pot for all other steps